Terms & Conditions
Making a booking
Bookings can be placed in one of three ways:-
- Face-to-face at reception during your stay (a pre-departure discount applies)
- By phone
- Using our online booking system
When you want to proceed
- By clicking the "Book Now" button within the online booking system you are creating a provisional booking; whilst payment details will be taken no payment will be processed at this stage.
- If you call us to place your booking by phone or in person, we will enter your booking on to our system and by doing so will have confirmed your specified dates and cottage immediately.
- Bookings placed either by the online booking system or by phone/face-to-face do not constitute a contract between us until we have received payment from you in accordance with our payment terms as follows:-
- For bookings more than 8 weeks ahead a 25% (non-refundable) deposit will be required.
- Your booking maybe released if your deposit payment is not received within 7 days. Please do let us know if you require extra time to arrange payment; we do understand that sometimes a little more time is required to organise this.
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the beginning of your holiday must be paid for in full.
- Responsibility for the booking and acceptance of our terms lies with the person placing the booking and whose name appears on our booking form as the main contact. This person is responsible for paying for the holiday in accordance with our terms and is also responsible for any damage caused and behaviour of any guest that is part of their booking or friend when invited to visit.
- Where an individual places a group booking they are responsible for all bookings made and all duties as above.
Paying the balance
- The remainder of your balance must be paid at least 8 weeks before your holiday commences.
- Late payment
- Please note we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let your cottage if your balance payment is not received 8 weeks before your holiday commences.
- We will contact you (using the details you provide on your booking form) requesting payment and advising you of our intentions if payment is not forthcoming. If you are not contactable we will unfortunately have to assume you wish to cancel the booking.
- Please note that you remain liable for the balance payment if we are unable to re-let the cottage.
- Please see our cancellation policy for more details.
- Your accommodation is available from 4pm on the arrival date and must be vacated by 10am on the departure date.
- Please advise us if you require a late arrival (after 7pm). If arriving after 10pm be aware that there will be little ones asleep so please do not drive in to the courtyard as this may well disturb our guests.
- Your cottage can only be occupied up to the number of guests advertised on our website and as agreed by us when booking.
- Please ask us before inviting friends to visit you at the farm and your cottage.
- You are responsible for looking after your cottage during your stay making sure all reasonable care is taken of all its contents.
- Please note that smoking is only permitted in your garden area and the use of an ash tray is essential. No discarded cigarettes please. No smoking is allowed in or near the hot tub.
- No pets are allowed in your cottage or on site.
- We expect all guests to be courteous to each other and to our staff. If any guest is found to be acting in an antisocial manner and continues to behave in such a way following our intervention then we have the right to ask the guest or the whole party to leave. No refund will be made.
- In the event of any damage or breakages, please notify us immediately so that we may repair or replace the damaged object. In the event of serious damage/inconvenience to either us or the guests due to use the cottage immediately after you, we reserve the right to make a charge.
- We accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss (either financial or otherwise) or damage experienced by any guest, visitor, vehicle or their belongings when outside of our control.
- Please leave the accommodation in the condition that it was found on arrival. A cleaning charge may apply.
Grounds, Facilities and Children’s farm
- Our grounds and play equipment are regularly maintained but it is still the responsibility of parents/guardians/careers to ensure that these facilities are used appropriately to avoid damage or injury. Damage caused to facilities must be reported immediately to allow us to protect other guests from possible harm and rectify promptly.
- The use of our children’s farm requires that the parent/guardian/career monitor those that they are responsible for. We have invested significantly in the children’s farm to help create a safe and pleasurable experience. We have produced an information sheet which we will send to you that describes in more depth the use of the children’s farm and the measures you should take to ensure a safe happy experience. Additional information is placed in your cottage information folder and signage is placed around the farm to further prompt those with responsibility to others. Our hygiene facilities are well maintained and accessible. Please be sure to read all information that we provide and follow our guidance.
- We care deeply about your holiday so if we get something wrong we want to put it right.
- Please let us know of any problem as soon as they happen so we can do our very best to rectify the issue.
- Please don’t wait until you leave to let us know, chances are we could have done something about it.
- Please note that souvenir photographs of the children are issued free of charge. We don’t use any photo that would identify your child on our website or advertising material without your permission.
- Please notify us if you do not wish your child to be photographed.
We know that things change so if you need to cancel here are the important things to be aware of:-
- In the event of a cancellation you must advise us at the earliest opportunity by phone and then email.
- Cancellations made more than 8 weeks prior to your holiday will result in loss of deposit only. If you wish to move your holiday to another date/cottage then where 12 weeks or more notice is provided we will use your deposit against your new booking. When moving to another date this new date must be within a period of a year from date of cancellation. Any additional payments must be made if the cost of the new booking is greater than that cancelled.
- Where less than 8 weeks’ notice is given you remain responsible for paying the full amount.
- If we are able to re-let your holiday we will refund you the balance less any late booking discounts that we had to offer.
- To avoid cancellation losses we strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.